Terms and conditions
2) Information about us
http://elearning.pdsa.org.uk is a site operated by PDSA PetAid Enterprises limited ("We") who are a wholly owned subsidiary of The Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals, registered charity nos. 208217 & SC037585. We are registered in England, company number 4374375. Our VAT number is 794013920.
3) Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you choose, or you are provided with, an enrolment key, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
In order to register for the Service and set up your Account you must complete the Registration Form. The details you provide will be held on our servers and used to provide the Service to you. Your details will not be supplied to any other third parties except where required by law or as necessary to provide the Service.
You are responsible for the security and proper use of your Account, including all charges incurred. You must inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password may have become known to someone not authorised to use them. We reserve the right to change your password immediately should it be believed that there is a security risk or misuse of an account.
4) Financial Provisions
You must pay the Fees in order to access the training modules which you order through your Account. Fees for any reason following confirmation of any order may change, for example due to supplier price increases, tax changes, site orders or any other reasonable expense.
Payment must be made at the time of order through the payment gateway. All online purchases are confirmed with an electronic invoice.
All Fees are quoted inclusive of value added tax which shall be payable by you.
5) Refunds Policy
Customer support must receive written notification of the problem and be given the opportunity to fix the problem in order for a refund, replacement or adjustment to be considered.
Refunds/Replacements/Adjustments will NOT be considered for:
- Slow performance due to internet connectivity which can affect performance, causing brief delays in the download speeds for the courses and display of the HTML pages.
- Technical problems resulting in you not being able to view courseware.
- Reduction in subscription duration or downgrading of course access.
If the site is out of service for more than 8 hours consecutively, one day will be added to you existing subscription.
We highly recommend that you view the course outlines (provided in the course list) before placing your order. By doing so, you can make sure that the course that you want to buy meets you expectations.
6) Minimum System Requirements
Members are required to have an installed working version of Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7 or above, Adobe Flash Player version 8 or above and appropriate software, as indicated for the course.
Abobe Flash Player and Reader and be downloaded for free at http://www.adobe.com
Members are required to have an installed working copy of Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7 or above or Mozilla Firefox version 3 or above web browser. The web pages are not guaranteed to display in any other format.
7) Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts (other than video) of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website;
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose without obtaining a licence to do so from us the licensee;
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website except for content specifically and expressly made available for the redistribution.
8) Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
9) Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time, and we will make every reasonable endeavour to ensure that the material on this site is up to date. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely.
10) Our Liability
We will do our best endeavours to ensure that all course content is accurate, however the material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
11) Information about you and your visits to our site
12) Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
13) Links Via Our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com